<VV> Re: Original tire brand

NOSVAIR at aol.com NOSVAIR at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 13:50:24 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/8/2005 12:26:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> If I remember correctly, the LM orvair came originally with 8.00X13 bias ply
> tires with a 1/2" whitewall.  Am I correct on the original whitewall width
> or was is 5/8"?  Also, what was the original Brand of the bias ply tire?  I
> am looking specifically at the early 1966 model year.
>
> Thanks
> Doug Barneck
> Your Tax Dollars at Work

  1966 Corvairs came standard from the factory with 700-13" tires made by US
Royal/ Dominion Royal....later Uniroyal.  This would be evident on "off the
lot" cars as opposed to customer order Corvairs.  Special orders of other tire
brands could be made at your Chevy dealer.  I think the 5/8" whitewall is
roughly the correct dimension.

Bruce Webster