<VV> the plan then...

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 8 18:38:23 EST 2005

Ryan,  These are VENTED tanks.  Air and moisture can get in.  Unscrew the
gas cap and take a whiff.  See if you can even stand the odor.

Whatever gas that had been left in there has long since turned into a kind
of rusty jelly.  There is NO WAY you are going to get it out with a rag and
some carb or brake cleaner.  How are you even going to get your hand into
the sender unit hole?

You HAVE to pull the tank, fill it with clean gravel and/or a chain and turn
it over and over and over and...  until it is CLEAN inside.  A TIP here...
lclc uses an old BBQ spit motor and lets them turn for several hours.  Then
coat the interior and turn it over a few more times to make sure all
surfaces have been protected.

While you have it out, do the RF brake line!

BTW...   The inline filter is a crutch, not a proper fix (unsolicited
opinion).  And, unneeded if the job is done right.

Later, JR