<VV> Corvair powered dirt trackers

vairtec at optonline.net vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Mar 8 21:18:34 EST 2005

Steve Goodman can tell you everything you want to know about this car, a
Midget built to Rocky Mountain Midget Racing Association specs.  A lifelong
Midget racing junkie, I am turned on by this and other Corvair-powered
Midgets!  (They may light my fire, but they no longer win, having been
outclassed by newer pure-racing engines.)

I once saw it run, at the old (dirt) Colorado National Speedway, and I sat
my behind in it at the convention in Denver.  I've seen other
Corvair-powered Midgets run here in the East (American Racing Drivers
Club), in the midwest (at an indoor event in the Pontiac Silverdome) and at
the Chili Bowl in Tulsa.

Midgets carry no onboard starters, they must be push-started.  For a brief
time I operated the only Corvair-powered push truck I ever saw (a
Rampside... insufficient clutch...)

--Bob
Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net