<VV> Sore seller on E bay

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Mar 8 22:36:27 EST 2005

Folks

I was checking Parts on E bay Motors last night, and saw a seller (who must be a salvage yard) selling 1 60 model "dog Dish" hubcap, in good condition.  Starting price was 9.00
The auction was nearly over and he hadn't had a bid (of course not at THAT price)

I sent him a message saying:

Hi Don't know if you got any messages on this, the hubcaps are called "dog dish" style, came only on 1960 model Corvairs. It's hard to believe because just about everyone I know who has a Corvair (and I know SCORES of people) own a set of these. They are often made into clocks, the cap being the face of the clock. Probably why, at 9 bucks, you got no bids. In Corvairdom, you can get them for around 2.00 each
Regards Hank Kaczmarek
member Corvair Society of America.

Here's the response from CARSJUNKMAN

Yeah We too realize that corvair products have no real value. Thanks for Questions/Comments

I am pleased to know how he feels, and won't bother to check anymore of his listings.

HANK