<VV> Question RE: VIN /Titles FS

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Mar 9 00:27:24 EST 2005

Folks

I saw a post in the last few days, regarding the buying/selling of title/VIN tag for a Corvair.

I sent the poster an off list message, warning him he would probably be getting a trip to the woodshed.

Back in the 90's I was told by several directors monitoring this list, and I believe Harry also, saying that CORSA does not condone this illegal practice, and one may not advertise the buying or selling of VIN Tags and/or Titles in CORSA publications.

While perusing the CORSA Online Classifieds the same night, I saw an ad there also about title/VIN tag FS or Wanted.

Has this policy changed, or is someone slipping up??  I have made my .02 on the matter here before.  I agree that this practice is illegal, as many things in our greater "society of laws" are.

 As a law enforcement officer I many times preferred to flush marijuana I found on inmates down the toilet in the jail's intake area  (witnessed by another deputy)  than spend a day in court over a misdemeanor.  Every time a cop "lets you go" on a speeding ticket or other moving violation, they are "closing their eyes" to your lawbreaking.

 If someone takes a VIN tag and title from a car they have parted to a shell, and the shell has been crushed and turned into razor blades and soup cans long ago, and uses said VIN/Title to "resurrect" a Corvair onto the road again,  I will "close my eyes and turn my head" to that bit of lawlessness.  OTOH, I would NOT condone the use of a Title/VIN tag to turn a STOLEN Corvair into one that appears not to be.

Inquiring minds over the ad....

Hank