<VV> Poppy Run Update

JACKPINARD at cs.com JACKPINARD at cs.com
Wed Mar 9 23:23:55 EST 2005

Hi flower people!

Jack Pinard reported on flora and roads in mountains and desert at last
night's Ventura County Corvairs meeting.
It is a fantastic year! Green everywhere with bright swaths of gold and
yellow. This is a view of California most residents have never witnessed and may
never again. The recent rains have transformed the brown hills and plains into a
scene from Ireland.
The big turnout voted for the tee shirt color - black gold was the winner.
That is black tee with gold silk screen.
The order will be placed Friday morning.
If you have not mailed your entry, e-mail or phone Jack at 805 340-6533 with
your choice of size to be guaranteed a correct fit.
As of this time, 56 shirts are ordered. I will have 100 screened, and it will
be first paid first served. Last year we sold out with late entries!
The good news is that 24 Corvair owners are entered and 18 others including
many Corvettes. Bad news is that some of our Vairs will stay home in favor of
newer cars.
But come 8:00 a.m. Sunday, March 20, expect to see 80 to 100 beautiful cars
in the Burger King parking lot in Castaic.

Once again: Anybody can join Poppy Run in any kind of car and no club is
required.
Twice again: You can order a tee shirt even if you can't participate.
Thirdly again: Phone or e-mail entry, then mail check. First paid, first
served.

AIN'T THIS A BLAST!!!!!!

Poppy Jack