<VV> Re: 1 hp per 1 cubic inch (no Corvair)

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 10 10:33:02 EST 2005

Ah, yes the Corvette (mostly) mechanical fuel injection.  Too cool.  I loved
mine.

Bob likes data, so here's some.  ;-)

1967 Camaro 327, Quadrajet, Powerglide, 2.73:1 rear end (I think).  Removed
Quadrajet, bolted on a 1962 Corvette FI, tuned power stop by timing accel
runs between signs on a country road.
Results:
  1.  Almost 1 second improvement in 1/4 mile time.
  2.  1-2 mpg improvement.
  3.  Nobody at Chevy dealers would work on the car.

Roger Gault