<VV> Pontiac Fuelies(no Corvair)

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 10 16:51:30 EST 2005

> > >Tony wrote:   Didja know that same setup was also intended to be made
> >available on
> > > Pontiacs too?
> >---------------------------
> >Smitty says:  There was a Motor Trend or Auto Week special on TV a few
> >years ago about the only existing 57 fuelie Poncho Sta Wag.  One of very
> >few built in the first place.   Other sedans do exist.
>
> More from Tony:
I have a photo of a GM/Rochester F.I. setup for a Pontiac V8, circa
> 1957.    Never seen one (an actual F.I. Pontiac) "in the flesh" but  I've
> seen the F.I. itself, and it is a dead ringer for the one that was seen on
> Bowties.

There's a fellow in WV that shows up every year at the Labor Day car show in
Charleston WV with a '57 Pontiac convertible that has fuel injection. I
don't know how authentic it is, but it sure looks stock and has a stock
looking trim piece on the side that says "fuel injection".

Maybe Rick Norris knows more about the car I'm talking about, since it's in
his neck of the woods.

Marc Sheridan