<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 76

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 00:15:35 EST 2005

***Solution is simple. No one's taught simple math any
more. If the bill is $3.38. give the cashier (assuming
he/she is under 25) a sawbuck and 38 cents. It'll take
them 1/2 hour to make the change.
The single won't go away. There's still plenty out
there that costs less than $2, and it still is
probably our handiest currency.

 Why do
> so many people throw
> down only paper money when making a transaction,
> then are bewildered as
> to what to do with the change? Why don't people
> consolidate their change
> with every transaction?

***You can dress 'em up but you can't take 'em
anywhere.

All these questions and more
> are retorical, but
> they illustrate the point as to why so many people
> are hung up on their
> ineffecient and backwards money-handling practices.

***SOlution is simple. If anyone in Congress wanted to
save money, they wouldn't light their cigars with
$1000 bills. They wouldn't grease their districts with
porkbarrel projects wedged into emergency national
security spending bills, and they most certainly waste
your tax money investigating steroid use in
professional baseball.

> >> If the conservatives controlling the US
> government were REALLY
> >> interested in saving us money, they'd pull the
> plug on dollar bill
> >> printing

***And we had $3 bills and coins at one time as well.

> > The 2 dollar bill has been around for many years
> of US history. It was
> > discontinued in the 1960's,  during the mid-point
> of 60 years of
> > Democratic Party control of the US government.

**Those pesky Democrats.  They screw up everything,
don't they?

Chuck