<VV> Population Density

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Mar 12 06:39:44 EST 2005

Bill
Even better yet, look at CORSA's Population Density. Last time this was
discussed, I believe the conclusion was the center of CORSA's population
density didn't make it to the Mississippi River.  So let's all jump up and
run another 2000 miles!!!

I went to Lake Tahoe. spent 7 hours driving from Vegas.  Until the 6th hour,
when we got to Carson City, I didn't see anythiing besides rock and cactus,
with the occasional brothel and Charlie Manson style ranch house along the
mountains.  You couldn't drag me to Nevada again with a team of tanks. A
Drive from Buffalo to Lake Placid is the same mileage, and an abundance of
scenery changes. Dry Heat in Vegas!!!  MY ASS! The place was like a
convection oven.

I went to Flagstaff. Flew into Phoenix.  Dry Heat MY ASS!!!  If it's hotter
in Hell, I would be quite surprised. While flying over that city, I saw
nothing but sand.  While driving up the Interstate to Flagstaff, Until I got
into the mountains, I saw Cactus and more sand.   A Big difference from Rock
and Cactus. Well, I thought sand was very tiny Rocks--well, not much
different then after all.

And then There's California. Home of Earthquake, Rain followed by Mudslide,
Drought followed by  Brush/ Forest Fire, and the Hollywood Elite.  I'll take
the humidity and the bugs.

I've been in Buffalo on the 4th of July when the high temp was 55 degrees.
1st week of August I've been there when the back yard swimming pool water
was already below 66 degrees. Humidity isn't too hard to deal with at temps
between 55 and 75, which was about what he had at Flagstaff, but 55 was a
nightly low, not a day time high temp.

My mom is 76. Her birthday is May 10. She says more than 2 dozen times in
her life she remembers snow on the ground for her birthday. How hot do you
think it will be in July when theres' often snow on the ground in  mid May??

  If it ever gets to about 85, the city just about stops. Factories cancel
shifts, etc. Most homes don't have Central AC. perhaps a window unit for a
2nd Floor bedroom.  It just isn't necessary. I grew up with a small window
fan in my room for the summer. If it got too hot upstairs, I slept on the
front porch, where it wasn't.
 Until it became standard equipment, when you went to buy a new Chevy, 3/4
of the cars on the lot didn't have AC.  Just don't need it.  Try THAT in LA
LA Land.

Ed, I'll agree to disagree, politely and respectfully, since from the times
we've met, and your discourse here the last 8 years that Ive been here, I
think you're a great guy.

  CA can grow all the produce they want.  I have a garden where I grow
whatever I want, and home can much of it to last the winter. What CA produce
costs these days, I can't afford to buy it. I won't get into how much it
would cost if our own people had to pick it.    Thanks anyway.

Hank