<VV> Throttle Pivot Points

Kwoverby at aol.com Kwoverby at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 19:15:14 EST 2005

I have repaired several late model cars with the pivot point under the rear
seat being loose, rusted or broken by shaping a new piece and welding it in. I
 save sheet metal from hoods, deck lids, tops etc, for patch material. For
the  throttle pivot, I simply form a new piece with a ball peen hammer and a
properly  sized piece of pipe. I slowly tap the sheet metal and form the dish
shape. I  then drill the center and weld in the bolt for the stud. Trim the
flange a bit  oversize and weld it to the floor.

Ken