<VV> Was How sad - Vair VS Vette

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 13 14:29:29 EST 2005

Hey Joe,

Corvette people can be "cheap" too.

CCE has 7 cars at McCormick place this weekend (my Rampside included) for
the Chevy-Vette Fest.  There was a Corvette guy snooping around our area
asking some very specific questions about certain interchangeable parts.
Corvair stuff that would be correct for Corvette.  He was looking for a
spare tire lock - apparently they are the same.

I said, hey you Corvette guys already got all the adjustable steering wheel
stuff, are you trying to drive the price up on the wheel locks, too?  Did
not phase him a bit...  just gave me a "look" and continued poking around
for stuff that he could recognize as applicable to Vette.  I can't really
blame him, after all...  why pay more than you need to for a part.

 "A Corvette air cleaner
will sell for $400 or more, and Corvair people want a Corvair air cleaner
for $30"

I spent some time in the vendor area, primarily Vette stuff, and those guys
do seem to pay 4 to 5 times what Vair guys have to pay for their stuff.  I'm
certainly glad to be in Vairs instead of Vettes.  Besides, those things can
only carry two people!  I did NOT buy any Vette parts to put on any of my
Vairs!  GGGG

BTW...  Thanks for your efforts.  Perhaps you will hear back from him if his
conscience starts to work.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140