Fwd: <VV> Oil Cooler Seals?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 11:56:25 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/14/2005 2:56:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kent_duncan at yahoo.com writes:

> o-ring seals on my '66 Monza 110, but still
> have an oil leak that appears to be trickling down the
> left side of the head

Kent,  I've been through this once or twice too.  As someone else said, check
the sheet metal behind the oil cooler on number 2 cylinder.  I always press
the cooler in place with my hand to be sure I don't feel any metal to metal
contact at the seal end.  If I feel or hear any metal to metal contact I know the
sheet metal is interfering with the mating of the parts.  It doesn't take
much interference to give you a leak.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier