<VV> Rebuild II

qcc65 at charter.net qcc65 at charter.net
Wed Mar 16 07:21:49 EST 2005

Stephan wrote;
<I got an
<extra oil sump as the Clark's manual says that the new <pan requires the
<hi-performance oil pickup but I may just cut and weld <part of the pipe
<of the extra sump to the existing one to make it reach <further back in
<the pan and closer to the bottom.

Stephen, The oil pickup is not difficult to exchange. Use a deep well socket of the right size, (1/2 or 7/16 I think) and tap the old one out from the back side. Then install your new deeper one. Don't try to weld it and by all means keep everything clean, clean, clean.
   By the way, have you checked all your oil passages for obstructions. Block, end housing, crank, everything. Following your tail of woe, sounds like something is not oiling properly.

Ron Guy
CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, CORSA/NC, QCCC, VV, Group Red Member
Def Stinger Project
South Eastern Ultra Monza Project