<VV> convertible purchase info - thanks

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:28:15 EST 2005

Like mentioned, if the panel below the windshield is rusted, you are
going to find it everywhere. Every time you take something apart, you
are going to find rust. If you are the type who loves to do rust
work/repair and has the time and $$ for it, drop off an offer with
your name and number like mentioned. I don't mind doing this sort of
thing for myself, I used to work in a body shop before we had our son,
who is now almost 3. I am a stay-at-home-dad and enjoy the time on my
wifes days off (when she doesn't have any projects for me) to work out
in the garage. The past two days I have been able to work on mine, the
most time I've spent on it  in a while. After taking things off, I
found out the left front fender has been replaced, and not all that
well of a job. Not horrible, could have been better. So, I'm also
having to fix the fender replacement best I can without cutting it
back off, along with the rust repairs. Buying a Corvair (or any car
for that matter) is a gamble. I bought mine not knowing how well the
engine ran, the 4 carbs were off. I rebuilt all four carbs, bolted
them on, and it fired up. Most of the major pieces to direct air over
the motor and help keep it cool were missing though. It may take a
while, get the one you want. Don't 'settle' for one just because it's
available. Get one that will make you happy. ;)
--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine