<VV> Re: DISHWASHER(chit - chat?)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 19:14:47 EST 2005

just before the weather got into winter i aquired an older undercounter type
dishwasher   free to try as a parts washer.  now i have it outdoors on a stand
with the heater element unhooked(that was the problem anyhow) and the drain
plugged for now.  i put some parts in with a gallon of "solvent/paint thinner"
and it kinda works ok.  i did not finish playing with it but i think it will
help cut down brushing time on cruddy stuff. it is light enough to sit on the
driveway by my shop door to use then put away. i put a cord on it to plug it in
with.i have more ideas on how to recycle the solvent etc.
i have a built in range i use the same way.  it is a discard i repaired the
switch on. i put a cord on it to plug in my welder outlet.  it sets outside the
door to cook heads when installing guides etc.  if you cook aluminum parts
for a while then bring them out and blow them with air the crud goes away fast
and  easy. i got these from the local appliance store  junk pile after i told
him what i wanted to try.  so far it has been worth the effort.  regards, tim
colson