<VV> Re:Chatter

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Thu Mar 17 22:41:13 EST 2005

Smitty says:  Who has time to jack their jaws.  Built a new engine for
the wagon.  The one that was in there started a light knocking a couple
of years ago under heavy acceleration.  Didn't sound like any main I ever
heard before.  Didn't trust it to go to Portland.  I have enjoyed being
the guy with grapes enough to put my wagon on the road and drive it where
and when I want to go.  I am not stupid though and expect the car to be
in the highest state of preparedness I can make it before I leave.
        So a couple thousand dollars later the new engine is in.  Very
disappointed in the quality of the hoses and seals I installed in 89.
they were quite stiff and hard and all had to be replaced.  Just can't
get quality stuff anymore.  Ran up a couple hundred miles around home and
then loaded the camper on for a trip to SC for the Spring Warmup.  Only
problem experienced was a slight leak at the upper gasket on the 90
degree adaptor.  Engine sounds like a winner.  Still too tight to say if
the 110 is any better than the 95 for towing.  It seems to really run out
of steam at about 60, but that may be the safeguard shutting it down.
I'll know more when I get back from Portland, Cedar Rapids, Grand
Junction, Whidbey Island, Mt Shasta and a few other cities I have to
visit.