<VV> Strange squeek noise

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Fri Mar 18 10:00:19 EST 2005

Changed the oil last night.  Ran the exhaust out the door, about 8 feet of
pipe.  After the motor had settled down and started to heat up, I heard a
light sqeek/squeal sound.  Like a small mouse was trapped somewhere.
Light enough that with the exhaust normal you could not hear it.

Was letting the car fully heat up before changing the oil.

The car was tilted on about 8 inches off level.  Under the car, and over it
could not tell where it was coming from.

Could this noise be the the fan.   If so how do I grease it, and does a
specialty tool help.  When next I can play I was going to duplicate the
situation, but remove the fan belt.  This would eliminate the fan, and the
alternator from contention.