<VV> Caulking Material

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Fri Mar 18 12:37:51 EST 2005

> From: "Paul Michalczyk" <paulm at tdl.com>

> I'm looking for a source for the light gray, soft caulking material
> used to bed various chrome and stainless steel trim parts
Smitty says :  Paul, I use strip caulk from RV repair shops.  They use it
under window frames etc.  It comes in a ribbon around an inch wide and
also a ribbon which is divided into 1/4" sections so you can tear off a
narrow piece when needed.  This is more firm than what the General used
but is the closest I have been able to find.  my box doesn't say how many
feet are on a roll but I would judge 20 ft.  I wouldn't be surprised if
Home Repair stores carried it too.