<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 129

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 12:21:42 EST 2005

-----Road rage Don in Denver, protecting my Corvair ----

Don,

Don't extoll Denver drivers too loudly. On any given day, KOOL105's traffic report includes one or more rollover wrecks on an expressway. What particular combination of luck/skill/stupidity causes someone to roll their car when all you have top do is drive one speed in one lane on a road designed for high speed? And on a daily basis?

I grew up in Chicago and have driven in Italy, Germany, Greece, Turkey, LA (equally as foreign) and various parts of about 30 states. Denver drivers are better than some (you can't develop driving skills in LA. This is more like practicing being parked for hours) but have some hugely annoying habits. In fairness, you can find these habits elsewhere as well.

I also don't subscribe to the common excuse given by Colorado "natives" who blame every traffic problem on people from out of state, as much as I hate the Californication of our beautiful niche. Where'd they get the green and white plates with 15 renewal stickers?

Chuck Kubin

I done been here awhile