<VV> Download time (NO CORVAIR) Official Business [G]

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 14:16:54 EST 2005

PER  our  "Guidelines", it is my duty to correct this "internet
myth"..............

Obviously...Someone just got a cable modem!  ggggg

Correction:

#1   The pictures are 380 kb in size........a 56k  modem [ normal $5 modem
now ]  downloads at  4 kb or more per second......95 seconds.....NOT  30
minutes!

#2    If it took 5 seconds to D/ L,  the "transfer rate" was ONLY  76 kb  per
second......not 2  megabytes!!!

Obviously someone has been Hyped   AGAIN...LOL!!!

NOTE:  no matter what YOUR speed is......the speed of the SERVER  is the
limiting factor!    MORE people =  more "bandwidth" =  SLOWER  speeds...

Sofaman

****