<VV> Download time (NO CORVAIR)

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 19 12:51:24 EST 2005

For those of you baulking at the cost of high speed interenet, there is one
other thing you might want to consider that may mitigate some of the
additional cost.  New VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) replaces your
regular local and long distance phone by utilizing a high speed internet
connection.   For example, my current local and long distance combined phone
bill is $57 per month, and this only gives me off hours unlimited Canadian
long distance.  With VOIP I'll be paying $29.99 per month and I'll have
unlimited North American Long Distance.  The $29.99 price is also the
premium package that includes 8 features (Caller ID, Call Waiting etc) I
could opt for a different program that starts as low as $15.98 per month.
If you're interested make sure you do some research on the quality of the
connection each company offers and whether or not they offer 911 service, as
some don't.  One other interesting feature available with VOIP is that you
can take your "Gateway" to another location (say to a cottage, or a long
term vacation) and when wired into a high speed connection wherever you are
your phone will ring like it's back at it's home location and you can make
calls to your "local" area, even though you may be in Italy.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I thought this might be useful to some
folks.

Regards,
Joel