<VV> EM Shiter

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Sat Mar 19 20:02:57 EST 2005

I started trying to get the shifter figured out in my 63 Vert today.  It
will shift all gears just fine, but surprise surprise no reverse.  The
tranny is ok, did shift just fine with a screwdriver in transmission
shaft.   So I
started trying to remove slop from the system.  Welded up the worn holes
and re-drilled them on the shift fork.  Anyway I realized this appears to
have  a late shifter in it.  It has a tube with shifter shaft inside of it
rather then what the other EMs I looked at have.  Is this possible?  That
someone in the past got creative?  Or am I missing something?  Will
reverse eventually work?  I have a late brass bushing kit I am putting in
the
shifter tube while it is out.
Thanks
Geoff Johnson