<VV> decision time oil pan type

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 21:06:30 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/19/2005 4:53:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

I'm  approaching final assembly on a 140 P/G engine for my '66 4 dr.
that will  have the A/C reinstalled eventually. I have an option of using
the original  oil pan or a deep aluminum one. I don't intend to lower the
oil pickup if I  go to the Aluminum one.

The deep pan is not likely to be neeeded in your 4-dr PG car. The added
benefit of the larger sump - as either a bigger heat sink or an increased
reservoir for you to ignore checking your oil (grin) is lost if you dont drop  the
pick-up near the bottom. Well - You might retain some of the heat sink
properties with an extra quart, but that's about all.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette