<VV> A great day for fishing

James Dallas BEC176 at msn.com
Sat Mar 19 23:07:20 EST 2005

     It was a great day for fishing today.  Finally found the right magnet to use and pulled the screwdriver tip that I was using to prime the engine out of the depths of the rear housing.
     Reprimed the engine again only this time using the proper priming tool.....an old distributor shaft (Thanks guys!!).  After playing with the distributor and getting the timing set, and having fuel pump problems I finally have a running Corvair again!!  Another one out of Group Red.  The original fuel pump decided it was old and tired and wanted to leak fuel everywhere.  Next pump looked pretty but wouldn't pump.  Third pump looked terrible, greasy and grimy but made the proper walka walka sound and is currently working.  New pump on order.
     On another note, my original exhaust bit the dust so I kinda "engineeerd" one....the sixteen inch thrush cherry bombs are a little on the noisy side.  New exhaust on order.

Jim Dallas
CORSA
MCCA
GNRT