<VV> Re: learning to weld

Larry Forman Larry at forman.net
Mon Mar 21 00:38:29 EST 2005

At 09:17 PM 3/20/2005 -0800, AKG wrote:
>If you are burning through with a mig - maybe it's the welding skills and
>not the welder...
>
> > From: Larry Forman <Larry at forman.net>
> > Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:33:58 -0800
> > To: Harry Yarnell <hyarnell1 at earthlink.net>,
> <virtualvairs at corvair.org>, "Dave
> > Morris \"BigD\"" <BigD at DaveMorris.com>
> > Subject: Re: <VV> Re: learning to weld
>
> > torch welding thin metal pieces when the AC arc welder would burn through,
> >
> > -- Larry

That could certainly be true IF it was a MIG, but I said AC arc
welder.  Guess I should have added "stick" to the description.

And I certainly DO covet the day I have my own MIG.   I have used them and
they are a LOT more forgiving than stick welding.

You gotta love the inert gas shielding and the slag free welds.

Larry