<VV> Quick-Release Oil Hoses?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 12:40:09 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/20/2005 10:50:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
greenbriergoon at yahoo.com writes:

Hey  everyone:

Now that the 4 speed conversion and the back-up light  situation is solved, I
am attempting to put a remote oil cooler on my  FC.

I was wondering if such a thing exists as quick release fittings  for oil
hoses.  Something similar to the air hose for an air tool, but it  would seal off
and prevent oil from pouring out when disconnected.

The  oil lines are coming off where the oil filter is and I would not want to
have  to pull off hoses and spill oil all over to change the belt.  I would
rather not try to route the hosed under the  belt.

Charles

Yes, Charlie there are several new design "Dry break" hoses available. But
they are expensive and you have to size them appropriately for the flow you
need. For a Vair Oil cooler/filter line, you should have a fairly large one. (-8
 or -10)
I have another suggestion for you, though. When I installed a similar  set-up
(a Crown filter adapter to feed the cooler from the filter flange) I just
slid a spare belt over the hoses when I was installing them, coiled the belt up
and wire-tied it in place next to the cooler, near the electrical regulator -
 upper left of the compartment. (I'm not sure where your cooler is.)
Inevitably, about a year later, I shredded a belt on the way to school -  This was a
while ago - I just cut off the old belt, removed the wire-tie and  slid the
new belt into place. At my convenience (at home, later) I added a new  spare
belt.  Cheap and effective!

- Seth Emerson