<VV> "WTBRT" # 112 and the beat goes on

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 21 23:54:10 EST 2005

Scott Trunkhill and I reached an ULTRA milestone this weekend. "ol # 112"
has now had over 200 runs in autocross and dragrace competition. The SECC
2005 Spring event was a blast. We had near perfect racing weather with the
temeratures at race time between the high 50's and low 70's for both Saturday
and Sunday.

"Fast Eddie" Meadows set up two challenging courses that allowed novices and
experienced drivers to push their cars as far and fast  as they dared. If
you chose
to exceed your abilities, you were "cooled" off in the water hazards which
were easily
reached in four wheel drifts.

The course times ranged from the mid 80 seconds to a scorching 60 second
run by
Tony Ellison. WTBRT # 112 was able to finally rid herself of her red velour
seats for
a nice semi-ULTRA seat which Scott purchased from The Lone Haranguer aka Rick
Norris. I say "semi" because it was second hand but never used by the
Rickster. In
addition to our race seat, we also used our famous "Dan Giannotti" ULTRA
hoosier
race tires purchased last winter. The combination proved to be quite potent
and allowed
both of us to record run times in the high to mid 60's. My best time was
64+ and Scott
was right behind with a 66+.

We each had 4 timed runs on both days (16), at least 15 practice runs and
provided
runs for Ron Guy and Eddie Meadows. By the end of Sunday's runs we
"retired" two
of the "Gianotti" ULTRAS to the WTBRT Hall of Fame with extreme cases
of  thread
exposure !!! <GGG>

This being the Southeastern Corvair Council, Several racers gave animal
names to their
Corvair race cars. The "Beef" car  was challenged by "The Flying Pig", "The
Screaming
Chicken" and briefly by "The Black Buzzard Beater" but in the end everyone
knew .....
Where the Beef was ............Out Front !!! <GGG>

Chuck Armer aka FrontMan

Corvair Atlanta, BOD
CORSA MEMBER
CORSA Tri-Membership Chairman