<VV> LM question dash/windshield

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Tue Mar 22 10:04:19 EST 2005

Matt, this drilling you so tersely refer to (of spot welds): is it done from
UNDERNEATH the dash? About how many, and (I  know this is hard) where? I
never heard of this repair before, but my LM seems to need it.
     Does one need the windshield removed? Is new metal available for this
preformed, or is there little preforming to do? How would one get
replacement metal as a part, either NOS, repro, or used?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

>  Can the dash be removed and replaced easily?

Actually..YES....but find a junker to practice on!  Spotwelds are usually
drilled!

Just my opinions!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V