<VV> 1966 Corsa Seats

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Wed Mar 23 14:15:00 EST 2005

Hi Sam.

The plastic inner covers...  If memory serves, there's a pin that
prevents the cover from sliding down and off.
Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Samuel D. Streiff
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:22 PM
To: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> 1966 Corsa Seats

After 40+ years of Corvair ownership, I should know this, but .

I tried to detach the backs of my front bucket seats from the bottoms
yesterday.

I need to get the backs off to send them to a guy in Texas without
damaging the upholstery. He is going to put correct style head rests on
them (a p.o.
removed the head rest seats years ago).

After removing the metal side covers/moldings from the seat backs, I see
the seat back pivots on the inner side of the seats and I see that the
outer pivots that are covered with what appears to be removable
protectors.
Looking under the seats, I don't see anything indicating that by
removing the protectors, etc. I'll get anywhere.

I don't see anything in the parts manual, assembly manual, or the shop
manuals (although I admit I don't have the body service manual) showing
details of the frames of the seats.

Thus I turn to the experts of VV!

Can it be done?

Thanks,