<VV> Re: the KIDS car thing...

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 15:41:12 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/23/2005 10:46:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
chevyd51 at yahoo.com writes:

> Only one accident (wasn't my fault, there was underlying ice, and being as
> I only
> had my license for a week I wasn't familiar with the road, or the best
> stopping techniques.)

*****

Ah the failure of "drivers' Education / training"?  Or the failure of the
PARENTS to put their children thru a REAL driving School?  Or the failure of the
PARENTS to do things that allow their children LEARN to DRIVE a car....not
just OPERATE it!!!!

A pet peeve of mine........ggggggg

My son was not a "A" student......I basically GAVE him everything he ever
wanted.....used....but free.....He just had to be a good PERSON!

BUT....I started him early.....14 mths!.......If you ever look at my webpages
..you see a small child  standing next to a gokart [ notice the gas / brake
pedals ] , who has just for the 1st time since being off the "tether", that let
him go in circles if he only pressed the gas pedal......smiling proudly,
having negotiated the  narrow passage between the fence and the  5 ft  deep
CULVERT......

We were fortunate to live in a rural community where he was able to "drive
while accompanied by an adult" short distances to friends houses, etc.. At the
age of 4....

Then we spent many weekends in the deserts of Calif. learning how to handle
vehicles at all speeds in all types of terrain/roads/conditions....notice the
same picture changes to show him and a young passenger at the famous
"Competition Hill" of the Glamis Sand Hills...

He's 30 now...never had an accident!....on the legal streets!........but
alas..YES  he's crashed 2 vehicles into the same Garage [ now his!]......Where'd I
go wrong???  LOL!!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V