<VV> RE: Greenbrier and corvair values

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Thu Mar 24 15:12:45 EST 2005

Don't get me wrong.........I love my greenbrier and have turned down twice
what I paid for it, and that is still way less than the figures being
talked about here. I fully intend to keep it up and put in whatever cash it
needs to keep it going. Now if you have a documented Greenbrier with all
paperwork showing all components have been gone through, from brakes to
motor to electrical to all weather stripping, and it scores in Senior
division in either Corvair Concours, or AACA or similar. Then you may have
a chance at proving an appraisal over 15,000.
Over the years I have been approached by Corvair owners and owners of other
brands who have asked me what their car is worth. I am not an appraiser,
but more realistic of what the market will bear. I have looked at boderline
cars who's owners think are the mother load.
Let's face it, how many times has this list been asked for it's opinion on
what a specific car is worth? Yet most of the time, no pictures are placed
on the internet at one of the picture posting sites for us to look at! I
feel that most often someone is looking for one of us "experts" to attest
to an outrageous value so someone else can market their vehicle
accordingly.
Remember, how many of us have gone out of our way to check out a Corvair of
any type which has turned out to be even less than a parts car. And the
owner has thought it was gold. And how many of us went out to look at a
Concours car, which is a bondo wagon?
The person who asked the question may very well have a Senior division
Brier. And I would love to see it or at least pictures. And Corvair values
have come up, but we cannot testify to it without seeing it.....

Ballpark figures on a Corvair range from, Pay me XXX amount of dollars to
haul it away from you, up to I beleive $85,000 for the one and only 69
Yenko. It's real hard to pinpoint where in between that a car really is in
value without going over it from top to bottom.

Just my opinion.........not trying to start a war.
Gary Swiatowy