<VV> battery area question

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sat Mar 26 12:51:43 EST 2005

The '65 battery tray has a totally different battery holddown to it.
It's used with an over-the-top 2-stud w/bracket assembly, while the
'66-9 design used a single bottom clamp & one-bolt design with a
welded-on clamp on the opposite (outboard) side. And as one poster
pointed out, the later design uses two battery vent holes simply punched
in it instead of one large one and a grommet like the '65 uses.

-Mark C