<VV> Tire gurus - What kind of tires do I have?

David V. Clamp 66corsa at cox.net
Sat Mar 26 15:27:54 EST 2005

snip-------------------------------------------------------
My new driver has the following sizes (new tires):

Front: P185/80 D13 Rear: C78-13

Are these both bias ply, or is the front radial? I've never seen a "D13"
designation before.

unsnip------------------------------------------------------

Doug,

Both sets are bias ply tires. The C78-13 is the same approximate size as the
P185/80 D13. Personally, I'd find a set of radials for it. If money is tight
and the tires are in good shape (not dry rotted), you could run them, but
radials will ride and handle better.

David V Clamp
Member: Corsa
              Heart of Georgia Corvairs - Newsletter Editor, VP
              Nader's Raiders

1966 Corsa convertible 140 +0.030/4spd 3.55 posi w/ AC
 <mailto:66corsa at cox.net> mailto:66corsa at cox.net