<VV> Balance and water leaks.

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 01:37:27 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/26/05 10:00:56 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
sgrabenhourst at charter.net writes:

> First, I am useing a 65 , 110  in my 63 and keeping my 63 transaxle, I know
> I need to use the early flywheel, clutch, etc. Can I use the Harmonic
> balancer or do I need to use the stamped steel pulley so its EM on both ends ? Or
> does it really matter ? To be specific, it also has 65, 140 heads and 4-carb
> system.With a 110 distributer. Will this work together for daily cruising or
> should I change something ?

Sam,
There is no reason why you can't use the 1965 flywheel, clutch and release
bearing. No need to use the EM stuff. Since you have a '65 engine you really
should keep the harmonic damper because if you don't, you will risk breaking your
crankshaft. Just get a rear motor mount bracket from and EM with A/C or a
1964. That will give you clearance to swap fanbelts.

Althought the 110 distr will work on a 140, it won't give the proper advance
curve and may make the engine sluggish.
Regards,
Bob Helt