<VV> battery area question/no corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 07:09:11 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/27/2005 1:59:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
airvair at richnet.net writes:
The vented battery caps were STANDARD on ALL '65-9 Corvairs, and meant
to vent battery vapors out of the air stream of the heater.

And just so you don't think the Corvair was the only GM car to use a vent
tube on their battery, allow me to introduce into evidence Exhibit A, the late
1990s Oldsmobile (Alero, I think) with the
"$140-under-the-back-seat-battery".... I sold several of them while I was at the dealership a few years back...
Oh, the vent tube would crack and customer would have to purchase the $25
vent assembly.... strange bird, I say.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg