<VV> battery area question

Jim Simpson simpsonj at bellatlantic.net
Sun Mar 27 16:52:47 EST 2005

The battery in my '66 Corsa has small vents on each end of the battery.  I
ran rubber hoses (vacuum line ?) from each to the holes and out the
bottom.  The only trick was that rubber hose large enough to fit over the
batter vents (oblong holes, about 1/4" high x 3/8" wide) was too big to fit
through the battery tray holes.  Rather than enlarge them, I used a short
piece of plastic line I salvaged from somewhere as a jumper through the
hole with another inch or so long piece of rubber hose on the
underside.  You can't tell the rubber line is discontinuous and the piece
underneath holds it tightly in place.

I'm not sure it really does any good, but it's my attempt to look more or
less stock, have something filling the holes, and besides, it might
actually help vent acid vapor outside the car.

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair, '66 Corsa turbo