<VV> Cruise Control

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Mon Mar 28 14:34:00 EST 2005

> From: Les <corvair at mb.sympatico.ca>
> Subject: <VV> Cruise control
> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org

I figure the kind that gets an RPM signal from the coil in order to
maintain constant engine speed
> would be most appropriate. Any hints on type/installation etc? The
Audiovox
> CCS100 looks promising.
Smitty says:  I have used three different ones of the electronic type.
The only on that really works well is one my wife picked up at a garage
sale for $2 and it has a problem in that if the right turn signal is
engaged after dark, the cruise disengages.  I am a pretty good
electrician.  I solder my crimp on connectors and run dedicated wiring
for add-ons like cruise.  I have still been bugged by mysterious
drop-outs, speed reductions (where the throttle starts easing off) etc.
You may have better luck but I have to say I have been dissatisfied.