<VV> Battery Question

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 23:22:23 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/28/2005 7:58:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
stapon1 at earthlink.net writes:

> The next time I have one of the well sealed ones die, I'll
> >find a way to get it open and see if I can detect any vent holes.  Since
> >they are designed NOT to let you add water, I assumed that they were
> sealed
> >in such a way that the electrolyte would not be allowed to evaporate away.
> >This COULD be an incorrect assumption on my part.

*****

They are "sealed to prevent evaporation / spilling.......but incase of
overcharging....EXCESS  gasses will escape!

Note:    speaking of batteries....our Capstone MicroTurbine Generators use 24
 Optima  Batteries in each unit.....one set has 4 bad........wonder if we
will replace all 24..or do it my way......I've got the resistive load tester and
of course a capacitance tester as well...GGGGGGGGGGGGGG  I'll let the boss
decide....that way I won't feel guilty!  gg

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V