<VV> FW: Transaxle fluid and idler pulleys

Anderson, Dwight M danderson at qcsd.org
Tue Mar 29 08:25:37 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Anderson, Dwight M
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 10:56 AM
To: 'virtualvairs at corvair.org'
Subject: Transaxle fluid and idler pulleys

Thanks for the suggestion of using a vacuum pump to drain my transaxle, although I do not remember who made it. I got about 3 coffee cans of fluid. Is this a reasonable amount? I have a 66 4 speed with posi traction. On another topic, has anyone had any success with a spring loaded idler? The one I had years ago did not provide sufficient spring tension. It seems like a good idea. Has anyone tried the newer design offered by the Corvair underground? Thank you.
Mitch Anderson
66 Corsa Cp