<VV> Tire requirements in Concours

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 13:07:59 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/29/2005 8:00:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
airvair at richnet.net writes:

FYI I  understand that the way antique car clubs like the AACA get around
the "no  exact size available" problem is to require the closest size
that IS  available, then if and when the correct tire DOES become
available, to  require its use.

That said, I wonder if the powers that be in CORSA are  listening? Hello
out there? Anybody  home??

-Mark

Yeah, Mark - People in Corsa have listened to Bruce for several  years now.
(Bruce and I have discussed this innumerable times) Speaking only for  myself
right now, I believe it is up to the Concours people to get together a
proposal. If the Concours Committee came to the Corsa Board with a Proposal  for a
tire requirement change in the rules - Which is what this is - and,  perhaps, a
commitment from a tire company, like Coker, that he would make the  desired
tire available at a market price, the Board would likely go along.  You know the
drill. New Concours faces can change things. There are new  faces in play
these days. If a Concours Chairman were to turn down a  "groundswell" request,
the Board might re-think it. But until that happens,  (action by the Concours
committee) the Board is unlikely to take any  action. In the past, the Board has
undertaken some independent polling of  Concours participants, specifically
on the trailering issue. I believe this was  done at the request of the
Concours folks.  - Seth  Emerson