<VV> FC engine to body seal

joey4556 at excite.com joey4556 at excite.com
Tue Mar 29 18:20:13 EST 2005

Thanks Ed, I will pick one up tomorrow. Joey
subject: Re: <VV> FC engine to body seal
I have read on this list in the past of a VW part that will replace the stock flat rubber seal that is stapled to the engine shrouds. Would someone please refresh my memory? Does this apply to FCs? If so, what model and year of VW seal should I buy?
On Mon 03/28,  < CorvairEd at aol.com > wrote:I have used this seal many times.  Just go to your local VW supply house and ask for the foam rubber seal that is for the early VW van (bus) with an air cooled engine.  It comes in a precut length roll which is just enough to do a Corvair engine compartment.  It works on all early models including the FC.  It is real easy to install with the engine in the vehicle.  If you look at the end of the seal material it looks like an H and you slip it over the sheet metal and the metal of the engine compartment.  I recommend you miter cut the corners 45 degrees to get a good looking fit.  If you cut the material with no waste there is just enough material to do one vehicle.