<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 223

Chew, Tim TChew at mnsengineers.com
Wed Mar 30 17:11:59 EST 2005

I love the stuff. But the black paint really fades if in the sun. The
instructions say to not get paint in the lid gooves. Don't worry about
it, just paint in there and use aluminum foil to seal over. Punch thru
on your next use, and repeat. The pot life will still age, just not as
long. I prefer to use the smallest cans, but if you are set to do a lot
of painting, go for it with the quart. Rubber gloves are a necessity,
and use the cheapest brushes you can find and just throw 'em out. Also,
an excellent backdrop are the blue poly tarps. Por-15 just doesn't stick
to them at all. You can paint all around a part and lay it on the tarp
and if you don't care you'll get a flat spot on the back but it won't
stick to the tarp. Chassis coat over POR-15 will provide UV resistance
and will not fade.

Timothy Chew
'61 Rampside
'65 Corsa