<VV> two seals in diff shaft

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Wed Mar 30 20:01:03 EST 2005

I REALLY need to second Bob on this one.  Don't EVEN consider doing that!  I took a new NOS
input shaft and added two seals.  What could it do??  I found it TRASHED the brand new input shaft in the sealing area.
I think that is because the split lock washer doesn't have a good place to hold itself and it walked out, then the seals
got trashed and walked around and the critical sealing area was completely gouged.

I have seen only one diff with the dual input seal snout already in place.  That was nice.  Most need to be completely
rebuilt to get the better and stronger snout in there.

Larry