<VV> NEED HEDLP with Helper Springs for a Rampside

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Sun May 1 09:40:52 EDT 2005

I'm going down to Arizona in less than a week to pick up a Rampside with a
camper.  The current owner suggested we have some "overload" or helper
springs to help carry the weight of the camper.  (The camper was installed
in a different Rampside)  So thanks to the friendlyness of Corvair folks I
managed to track down some overload springs and get them delivered through 4
different sets of hands before arriving here in Victoria.

The springs I got are about 3.5ft long, and consist of two "leafs" clamped
together.  They are not totally straight like a traditional leaf spring,
there is a little jog in them, so that they end up looking a bit like a
lightening bolt.

I spent some time yesterday underneath Shawn's Rampside trying to figure out
how these things are installed, and for the life of me I just don't get it.

I can provide pictures of the springs if needed.  But what I really need is
a picture of one of these overload/helper springs installed in someone's RS.
Please help!

Regards,
Joel