<VV> 66 Corsa Runs well... for the first 2 minutes, then bogs down

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Tue May 3 17:50:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm working on my son's new (to him) Corsa and after fixing things like oil
leaks, loose distributor causing incorrect timing and the like... I feel
like I am close to having it running nicely... here's the final problem.

If I start the 140 Corsa cold and drive it... it is AWESOME!  Excellent
power, incredible throttle response... I'm not kidding when I say it is
incredible... for the first 2 minutes.  After it warms up (not even HOT,
just warm), it starts bogging when I hit the accelerator UNLESS I mash into
the secondaries then the throttle response is better, but NOT NEARLY as good
as when it is cold.

My thought is that the primary carbs are running too lean and that with the
chokes on (when cold)... the car runs great.  As soon as the chokes open up,
it runs lean and bogs down.

This is my first late and my first 140 so I'm somewhat shooting in the dark
here.  If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts as to what the problem
could be; please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Joe West
Administrator