<VV> 66 Corsa Runs well... for the first 2 minutes, then bogs down

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Tue May 3 20:41:23 EDT 2005

Hi Harry,

If I block the chokes closed so that they are open roughly 3/16-1/4" on each
primary carb... the car runs PERFECTLY for as long as I care to drive it.

If I let the chokes open fully... car runs crappy

If I close them again... car runs PERFECTLY

If I open them again... car runs crappy.

So... whatever this problem is; the car likes to run with the chokes in the
almost closed position and runs like a DOG when I allow the chokes to open.

Thanks for the idea... it moved us further down the troubleshooting line.

Joe