<VV> Re: looking for a Greenbrier

mr. Gary Segal mr.garysegal at verizon.net
Tue May 3 20:52:13 EDT 2005

Hopeless! This is one of the finest pieces in Maryland!

Seroiusly, though, I have fixed up and have had friends fix up other
Corvairs that were far worse than this van.  I agree that a nice west coast
van would be a great place to start, but the entry fee is usually higher
once you pay the trucking charges.

I certainly would not buy my van if the goal was a concours restoration, but
for occasional transportation, it would fix up just fine.   I prefer that
route for drivers as opposed to subjecting rust free rigs to our invasive
environment.  For example, after 8 years in my garage, my 63 convertible
shell that I bought for its solid body had amassed significant rust without
seeing a drop of rain or a single particle of salt.

Gary