Fwd: <VV> ADDCO Anti-sway Bars on FC's

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed May 4 09:32:01 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/3/2005 10:25:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dkdewald at pasty.net writes:

> virtualvairs at corvair.org

Dale,  I added ADDCO :) bars on the front and rear of my '64 Greenbrier in
'92 before a long trip (1200 miles each way).  I paid our local Corvair shop,
Hot Air Enterprises, to do most of the job because time was short though I
worked with them.  Outside of the work to drill all the holes (wear safety glasses
and use a lift if you can--much easier than on your back shoving the drill up
as you drill) and the way the inside of the front wheels polish the front bar
when turning the wheels to full lock they were a real improvement.  Nothing
magic--the 'Brier just seemed tied together better and more predictable in
turns.  After 45K miles some of the busings are looking a little worn, but no
problems with the installation.  Just make sure you use the grade 6 or 8 bolts that
should come with the kit.  I would install them on any FC I owned.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair