<VV> The end of the story: 66 Corsa Runs well... period!

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Fri May 6 18:17:12 EDT 2005

Hi Gang,

Well... here's the final update to the saga...

I purchased a junkyard carburetor and took the parts off of it that I needed
to rebuild the damaged carburetor.  I also purchased a gallon can of
carburetor solvent and this morning, I soaked, cleaned, compressed air
dried, and rebuilt the carburetor.

I put it on roughly an hour ago and took my son's 66 Corsa 140 for a ride.

HOLY SMOKE!!!

All I have to say is; off the line, this car is quicker than my newly
rebuilt 64 Spyder and it is very responsive.  It pulls strongly and runs
smoothly... and I have yet to balance things out (I don't own a uni-syn
anymore and I need to purchase one).

I bought this car thinking that it would need to be rebuilt an it turned out
to be the following problems:

1.  Melted venturi cluster in left primary carb.
2.  Timing WAY off caused by loose distributor
3.  overfilled crankcase causing oil in the air cleaner and making the car
smoke under acceleration.

After fixing everything... the car no longer smokes, it runs better than I
would have ever guessed, and I've spent some quality time with my son
getting everything working.

Thanks for all your help everyone... I'm SURE I'll have more late model
questions shortly as we dig into the rest of the car.

Joe West